The Director’s Chair: How to Write and Direct a Movie like Christopher Nolan ►►
Understanding how Christopher Nolan movies work so well is to understand more than cinema or the ability to film in Imax. You’ve watched Interstellar, Insomnia, Dunkirk, and The Dark Knight Trilogy (Batman), and love the cinematic storytelling from this prolific director and filmmaker in general. It doesn’t hurt when you have a Hans Zimmer score too. But what’s it like actually being in the Director’s chair?
Christopher Nolan movies like Memento and The Prestige reminds us, filmmakers, what cinema is all about, and film directing and editing has rarely been so good. Maybe you think best Christopher Nolan movies have Tom Hardy or Christian Bale in them – but the Dark Knight Rises movie had both… so that sort of disproves that theory.
Directing films and cinema like Christopher Nolan takes years or practice and research into filmmaking. That’s why Christopher Nolan movies can take you on a deep journey, and this video essay will show you how he keeps everything consistent in his films.
If you love Christopher Nolan movies, don’t write another page or direct another scene until you’ve seen our video essay. You don’t need a big Imax cinema to be able to make a film like Christopher Nolan. All you need is a good mind and hard work.
Christopher Nolan editing techniques also come into play, so learn how he directs a movie that will eventually be cut together in a somewhat unconventional manner.
The end result: You will know how to direct a movie like Christopher Nolan, and perhaps you will direct the next Dark Knight trilogy or Interstellar.
Enter the Director’s chair to find out exactly how Christopher Nolan directs and edits his movies.
#filmmaking #christophernolan #thedarkknight
Original Christopher Nolan Interviews & Quotes:
• Christopher Nolan: Self-Taught Filmmaker:
• BAFTA Guru: Christopher Nolan on Directing:
• Christopher Nolan – How to Be a Filmmaker:
• Jack Howard: I Love Christopher Nolan:
• Chris Nolan Talks BATMAN BEGINS on The Treatment:
• VICE: Christopher Nolan on “Following” – Conversations Inside The Criterion Collection:
• 18-Minute Analysis By Christopher Nolan On Story & Construction Of Memento:
• Eyes on Cinema: 24-Minute documentary on Christopher Nolan’s Memento (2000):
• BBC Newsnight: Christopher Nolan: The full interview:
• Memento – Interview with Christopher Nolan (2004):
• Christopher Nolan, Al Pacino – Insomnia Interview (Part 1 of 2):
• Christopher Nolan, Al Pacino – Insomnia Interview (Part 2 of 2):
• Christopher Nolan on Dunkirk | Interview Special | Film4:
Music by Artlist ►
Music by Soundstripe ►
Music by Music Vine ►
Music by MusicBed ►
SUBSCRIBE to StudioBinder’s YouTube channel! ►►
Looking for a project management platform for your filmmaking? StudioBinder is an intuitive project management solution for video creatives; create shooting schedules, breakdowns, production calendars, shot lists, storyboards, call sheets and more.
Try StudioBinder for FREE today:
— Join us on Social Media! —
Twitter ►► r